I talk a lot with my clients about their aspirations, ambitions and dreams. They all differ in size and courage, starting from learning to swim, taking a career break to climbing Mount Everest. We are all different, thus no surprise we have different ideas for how to live our lives.
However large or small are your dreams, it’s worth grabbing a cup of coffee, pen & paper, and honestly answering few questions before jumping on it. Here they are:
- What is my dream?
- What do I need it for?
- What am I trying to achieve / proof to myself?
- Is my dream align with my beliefs, values and personal purpose?
- How do I want to feel once I get there?
- How can I get there?
- How many ways can I see – long, short and any others in between – my options?
- What is the risk – am I prepared to take it?
- What needs taking care of to help me to get to my dream?
- What is my support system – would they lean in?
- Do I still want it?
This is a really good exercise for getting some clarity between ‘what you REALLY want’ and ‘what you THINK you want’. Either way, keep dreaming, it’s good for you.